Well I thought BA was hot.....


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Centro
February 20th 2009
Published: February 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

My god Iguazo Falls defid the imagination wth heat and humidity. Must have been close to 100% with temps around the mid 30´s. It was exhausting just getting up! We spent 2 nights there and was a nice town, small and easy to get around. The falls were magnificent, we took a train round the park, a boat ride doen the river and then the jet boat into the falls. I did take photos while we were in the falls but to be honest even I´m having difficulty working out what they are of! Cant download any phtos as there are no USB prts on the computers here.

So have made it to Rio. HUGE city. Our hotel is fine - with great airconditioning, and a fridge, but it looks like it might be a dodgy area as the shops were boarding up their windows when they closed for the night!!! Also having a few probs with money as no-one will change NZ, and most of the money machines around here don´t like visa or mastercard. However I bought US$ along so am ok and have a lead on an HSBC ATM that wll take our cards, so wont end up destitute! A few people speak English thank god as my Portuguese is worse than my spanish! Was managing quite well up until today.

Picking up our tickets to Sambadrome tomorrow morning and will pobably go visit Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf Mountain, and then the beach.

Anyway better go as time is runnng out on the internet and its not very fast 😊

Chau for now

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb