Day 45: Paraty


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
June 12th 2011
Published: June 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

P1020242P1020242P1020242

our breakie spot and dan attempting to get a coconut
We were not happy about but were up again at 6am to start our drive into Paraty despite us only being a few hours away!! Communication has started lacking hugely between our leader and all of us, and we are all missing Stu (our ex-driver) cos our new driver is a dooshbag! We drove for a few hours and actually stopped at a gorgeous spot for breakie right on the beach. I had our groups leftover apple crumble (yes we made camp apple crumble the night before!!! and it was sensational!) for breakie so it was a fab start to the day. The water was like a bath. Dan attempted climbing a coconut tree and failed but provided entertainment for us all! We drove another 45mins and arrived in Paraty, did our groups last grocery shopping and headed to our campsite. As we arrioved Eddie decided to pop in to a hostel on the beach to check how much it would be to stay in a hostel rather than camping. Turned out he gave us the same rate including breakie so we excitedly took all our stuff off the bus and to a bed in the hostel.

Such a cool place. No waves at the beach but so beautiful and surrounded by mountains. We spent the arvo, after showering (as we hadnt for the last days!) on the beach sunbathing, walked into the town and just chilled out. Had a good dinner made by one of the groups, had a few drinks and all headed to bed relatively early but slept terribly cos turns out every night the hostel has a live band starting at like 1am till about 4!!! We shoulda been out there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb