bonito beach


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
January 31st 2005
Published: January 31st 2005
Edit Blog Post

the last few days we spent in rio going an assortment of blocos, these are basically a tradition that started with carnival where each block has a band that plays on the flat bed of a truck and then everyone from the neighborhood (and anyone eles who wants to join in) follow behind and drink a ton of beer and sing along. they were great fun and also very tiring. one of them went on for about 3 hrs cruising down the one of the biggeset streets in rio.

we spent today soaking up the atlantic ocean and the sun south of the equator. we are in a little colonial villiage named paraty that has kept much of its charm and color from the 17th century. the streets are sort of cobbel stoned but when it rains, which is does often, then they fill will water and it sort of trickles it way down to the ocean. the beaches are somewhat increabile and empty. with in a few miles of the village there are over 75 different island and the water is an amazing green color. tomorrow we are heading to trinadade, about 30 kilometers south of paraty, which is suppoesed to be an even more relaxed and low key place than paraty.

after spending a few days in paradise we plan to head back to rio and start our carnival experience. more to come soon.

ben and alana

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb