Paraty - The Beautiful 'Costa Verde'


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
April 8th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wow, Brazil's Green Coast, the "Costa Verde" is amazingly beautiful.......when the sun shines! We had a great few days in Paraty, soaking up the sun, chilling on a boat, but then our luck with the weather changed!

Paraty is a wonderful place with a lovely historic centre. The cobbled streets are nice to look at but hellish on flip-flop-clad feet! At times of exceptionally high tides around full moons the streets even flood as the sea comes in. The postcards show incredible pictures of this phenomenon but we were a couple of weeks out of sync to see it.

Paraty's beaches are okay but nothing special. Still, when all you want is an hour or two of sun, it's fine. Apparently nearby Trindade is much better but on the day we planned to go there we didn't see the sun and decided to leave town instead.

We had a brilliant day on a schooner. By the quayside the boats are all competing for your business and most of them offer pretty much the same product so take the cheapest you can find! It was a full day of relaxing and cruising with four stops. At the first stop we swam in the warm turquoise ocean which was exquisite. The second one was an opportunity to swim with the fish. Our crew threw bread into the water to ensure thousands of them approached the boat! The third stop was for a delightful lunch then we made a final spot for swimming and sunbathing on a tropical island beach. It was a great day.

It was a shame to move on, but when the weather is against you it's not really worth hanging around the beaches. Plenty of time for that when we get to Rio!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

A Pterodactyl?A Pterodactyl?
A Pterodactyl?

That's what they look like to me!


Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb