Schooners around Paraty


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
March 4th 2008
Published: March 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Paraty has another tourist draw. In the bay of Paraty (ed. Possibly Ilha Grande) - there are reportedly 365 islands, one for every day of the year - it's probably 366 islands on leap years. The islands and coastline are stunning and Sao Paulistas and Cariocas (residents of Rio and Sao Paulo) flock to the schooners for a day of delights snorkelling, lounging, sun bathing and listening to music on a 6m by 15m schooner.

The schooner tour is well worth the 20 R$ (~$10 US) - but watch-out for operators who haven't quite mastered the basics of counting and politeness - I had to yell and chase down a schooner which left without me before the agreed time - when snorkelling. Then the crew lied about the events to save themselves from the horrible boss - who doesn't understand that mistakes happen - and apologies should be made - not lame excuses. Avoid .... - company to be named.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



18th March 2008

Panorama Feature
You know Travelblog has a panorama feature right?! :) I like the flurry of Ali posts.... hey you know the second to last picture, if cropped, would be the best panorama I have seen in a long time! ha ha
24th March 2008

Name it...!
Hey Ali you should name the company that did not provide you with good service. The only way for service to improve is to avoid shoddy operators.

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb