Here comes the sun!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

AmandaAmandaAmanda

An artist's impression
Now with pictures! Got our photos recovered from the memory card!

It took a little bit longer than we'd originally hoped to finally hit a beach town in beach weather, but the combination of sun, sea and sand finally all came together for us in Paraty. To be honest, we've never actually been particularly into beaches, preferring city breaks for our holidays instead, but Brazil soon changed that!

Our first day in Paraty was pretty overcast, but that wasn't a problem at all as our gorgeous little pousada provided us with bikes, so it was the perfect weather for cycling round exploring. Paraty is a hugely popular holiday town, and it's not hard to see why - literally hundreds of beaches and islands in the vicinity and a cute little cobbled centre with plenty of restaurants, bars and souvenir shops. Thankfully, we had glorious sunshine from day 2 and so we spent the rest of our stay lazing on a few of those beaches, some of which are only accessible by boat, meaning a gorgeous day cruising around them.

The bikes still came in handy at night, though, and we got into the habit of cycling into town every evening for dinner - washed down with only the one beer, though, no drinking and driving for us! We managed to leave our mark on the town when Neil used the crayons supplied for the kids in our favourite burger bar to draw a picture of me. When we cycled past on the way home, the waiters started giving him the thumbs up, and when we went back in our last night, there I was on the wall!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb