Another long haul to Paraty, old colonial style, and cheaper drinks on the market !


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Paraty
February 20th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Iguazu it´s still a long long way to Rio, so needless to say there had to be a rest stop along the coast for a few days, where people could recouperate from all the mileage, the dust, the mileage, the putting up and taking down tents, and not to forget the mileage... we choose to forget, but I think Ushuaia to Rio makes up about 5500kms.....

We did have one extra in between stop, at a beach campsite, where a bit of our-truck vs their-truck soccer was plaid on the beach (the water itself wasn´t all that clean or interesting). Not sure who won, but the game was interupted and ended eventually due to a bit of uncordinated ball play (one chick kicking the ball on/in another chicks nose). Needless to say the Italian took to the dive, and thus play was interupted.

The next day we zipped along the coastal road, with some great scenery, towards old town Paraty.

Paraty, an old colonial style town was a very good place to chill out for a few days. The town itself is a great spot for a bit of meandering around. The beaches don´t mean that much, as you can wade and wade out till your trunks drop of, but you won´t get into any deep water. Apparently you need to take a boat out to see the better beaches on the islands, but as we took of a day earlier to join the party crew in Rio, we missed out on that experience.

Apart from that we did have a great dinner with the truck crew, as a lot of us were jumping ship before/after Rio. Some still crazy enough for some more mileage towards the Amazon, but not for us !

The end of a long haul on the Dragoman truck, but great memories, shared with some great people !

Rio, here we come !!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb