Just chilling


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
November 3rd 2009
Published: November 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So there's a crew of sixteen of us on the tour - i'm one of 2 brits, there are 2 from ireland, 2 from canada, and lots of aussies, and everyone seems really nice. We're spending a couple of nights on ilha grande, a small tropical island with really course sand, except on lopes mendez, where it was so fine it squeaked! Spent the afternoon there, and it was very hard to leave. Had tried my hand at body surfing, but that didn't go so well.. After a laid back evening I went kayaking today with Bec, one of the aussies, we paddled for about an hour and a half, found a lovely peaceful beach, except for the geese! Could hardly believe it, and they came a bit too close - I tried to push them away, and then, of course, they attacked. I only got bitten once, and a chap appeared out of nowhere and chased them off with a stick! The journey back was quicker, but we had a headwind most of the way, my shoulders hurt! Am supposed to be getting a massage about now, but perhaps it's on brazilean time?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

heading homeheading home
heading home

...saves a long walk when you're tired


3rd November 2009

oh wow!
Sounds fantastic. Watch that massage on your sunburn!
3rd November 2009

So!!
Just read your previous entry and that began with So too. What's with the so??
5th November 2009

yup
it kind of annoys me how much I use it!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb