Few Days in Ilha Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
March 1st 2003
Published: October 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the scunaOn the scunaOn the scuna

on our way to Ilha Grande from Angra dos Reis/RJ
Ilha Grande is an island 2 hours far from Angra dos Reis, in Rio de Janeiro state. The 2 hours journey onboard of a “scuna” or catamaran is not the most pleasant ride, but the beauty of the landscape makes it an enjoyable experience.

This was my 2nd trip to Ilha Grande, and this time I decided to stay in the lively Abraao village instead of the quiet Aracatiba. Ilha Grande is generally a quiet island with loads of pousadas (guest houses) in remote locations, and Abraao village concentrates the largest numbers of bars, and local shops on the island.

For being a secluded place, only accessible by boat or helicopter, Ilha Grande is very well preserved and a quiet place to be.

The best way to get around the island is to go on a day trip with a scuna or catamaran, leaving early in the morning and coming back at the end of the day. There are various different routes you can choose from, but I highly recommend that you visit the Lagoa Azul and Lagoa Verde where you will be able to do some snorkelling, swimming, trekking, and plenty of other nice things.

Ilha
The view from our room (sunset)The view from our room (sunset)The view from our room (sunset)

Pousada Farol dos Borbas in Abraao, Ilha Grande.
Grande is a very special place, and I haven’t heard of anyone who hasn’t like it, but there are loads of insects on the island, so be prepared!




Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

SnorkelingSnorkeling
Snorkeling

The sea water was so warm, it was just like taking a bath! Amazing...


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 70; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb