Recife - Olinda


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pernambuco » Olinda
September 24th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Again our bus took longer than sheduled although this bus only took 14 hours instead of 13 which was not too bad at all, stuck the headphones in and tried to get some sleep.
Our last day in Salvador was quite lazy, all we did was wander around the old town and try and find somewhere to have lunch. After that it was back to the hammock in the hostel to chill out till our bus journey!

We met a guy from Chile (Matiusz I think) on our bus who is going to Olinda so we decided to travel together for the couple of days. Our bus arrived in Recife and we jumped in a taxi for the 15 minute drive to Olinda, RecifeĀ“s neighbouring town and more picturesque competitor! When our taxi arrived we told him which Hostel we wanted to go to and he droppedd us at the doorstep which would of been great except for the fact that it was a hostel with the same name and was actually about three times the price so we passed and ventured by foot to try and find anoher hostel. ll this with our bags on our backs and it was around 35+ in temperature!!! After a while of walking we eventually found the right hostel. We are staying in shed like room out the back, the three of us our sharing a room with four beds so there is plenty of room.
Olinda is a very quiet city and there does not seem to be much nightlife. We went out for dinner and found the fanciest french restaurant, was funny because everyone else was wearing suits and dresses and we were wearing flip flops, shorts and a vest!! We ordered the cheepest things on the menu and then went for a few drinks.
We got back to the hostel and it was completely dead, no one around!! I just sat in the hammock for while watching the bats eating the fruit from the trees before trying to figure out where we are going to go today. We still dont know where we are going to get the bus to, I think we will just go to the bus station and see what we can get that goes north!! Other thn that there is not much to Olinda, Its a very quiet Colonial town. Think we saw everything in 3 hours yesterday but was nice day!
My camera has decided to die on me so after today I will have to use Annes camera so no photos today!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb