The Waterfalls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
July 24th 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a lifelong 27 hour journey involving a ferry, taxi, bus and finally a coach we arrived in Foz do Iguazu. We were told by many people that if you travel to South America you must visit the waterfalls between Brazil and Argentina. So we did.

As soon as we arrived it was clear that Iguazu doesn't really have much else to offer except the waterfalls so we were determined to get the tourist thing done and move on. We checked into a hostel and headed straight for the main attraction on a local bus to see the waterfalls from the Brazilian side. After a couple of hours walking around the park it felt like once you had seen one waterfall you had seen them all apart from when you get to the end and stare down the devils throat. This waterfall was spectacular and it was then we realised why we had come all this way. A tiresome day ended in the bar for a few nightcaps before waking early to visit the argentina side of the falls.

Gareth and I woke late the next morning and rushed to the bus as it was leaving only to be laughed at by about 15 school girls on an A-level school trip. We were told that we had signed up for a trek through forests to get closer views of the waterfalls (which we had no idea we had - obviously my portuguese isn't as good as i thought it was!)) and so all the girls were kitted out in full hiking gear where as we were both wearing flip flops. Thankfully our blushes were spared when we were told that the forest part of the trek had been cancelled and we were just sticking to the tourist paths so we had the last laugh in the end.

That evening we sat in the bar (only because there was nothing else to do) and played a few drinking games with the school girls once there teachers had gone to bed. There was some good banter and a lot of giggling from both the girls and Gareth (light weight) and it was quite funny when they told me they had to be up at 6am the next morning! Not sure if the girls made it up or what state they were in but Gareth and I done our best to avoid the teachers the following day and scarpered to Buenos Aires on an 18 hour bus journey.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th July 2006

schoolgirl
i'm a schoolgirl too. maybe we could play some drinking games mr peters? i promise i won't tell my teacher.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb