Cruising Iguazu Falls, Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
October 12th 2009
Published: October 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Last night we got off a plane in Iguaçu Falls in Brazil after 33 hours of traveling from Delhi. We are in a town called Foz do Iguaçu in the Brazilian state of Paraná, and tomorrow we will be on the Argentine side of the falls in a town called Puerto Iguazú.

After checking in at our hotel, we walked three blocks where we found a strip of restaurants. They were all watching the soccer match between Brazil and Bolivia on large screen TVs. It is a very small town servicing tourists viewing the falls. Everyone was sitting outside cafe style glancing back and forth between the soccer match and cars cruising by on the street. I grew up in a small town in California and cruising is how teenagers spent their evenings and weekends.

Iguazu falls has the second largest water flow in the world. It is second only to Victoria falls in Africa. Niagara falls in the US is the third largest.

The pictures of the falls speak for themselves. The panoramic views of the falls are from the Brazilian side, the close shots are mostly from Argentina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



15th October 2009

Wow
Dan great pictures, what a fabulous place. have fun, keep the pic's coming . love barb
15th October 2009

Off to a good start...
Looks like a great start to your trip. glad you didn't climb all the way over the railing into the falls. weather looks perfect--humid?
7th November 2009

critters :)
Aren't they cute!? I thought they were Aardvarks at first, but after doing some research, I found that they are actually, Coati, which is in the raccoon family :)

Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 27; qc: 115; dbt: 0.1939s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb