Water on the other side


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
October 9th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to go to Brazil for the day to visit Iguazú Falls from "the other side". The Brazilian side of the Falls has significantly less trails to walk and less waterfalls to see close-up. However, it does have a great walk-way which takes you almost into the middle of one of the rivers to give a side-on view of the Devil's Throat. It is reasonable to say that the Brazilian side gives the panoramic view but the Argentine is better for the personal experience. Pictures here are just of the Brazilian side, so decide for yourself!

Two problems we encountered during the day:
*Immensely complicated passport control to go through. We stupidly did what we were told by bus drivers. Instead we should have shouted to anyone and everyone "we are only going to Brazil for one day". That way we would have saved having to go through Brazilian immigration... twice.
*Whilst eating lunch, a "coati" (like a racoon) came up to us, jumped on our table and proceeded to try to drink Barry's coffee and eat the sugar that was next to it. These guys are pretty ferocious when they want food and so we just got up and left the coati to it until a park warden came along and got rid of it. Barry got a free second cup of coffee but I'm not sure it was worth it for going through that experience!


Next stop, Paraguay...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0196s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb