Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Foz do Iguaçu
June 11th 2007
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry it has taken so long to update the text but hear we go....

So we left Outer Mongolia, took a bus back to Rio and then attempted to book another bus for the mamouth journey to the falls but came across our first hic-up!!! Anna had had her card cloned and Lydia inputted her pin number wrong "3" times so we were stranded in Rio pennieless and worried......for about 5 mins but we managed to sort it all out, phew!!!! We did have panic stations there for a while but looking back it seems hilarious! Anyhow, we got on our "private" coach, yes just the 2 of us and the two drivers and headed off. Wer picked a few more people up on route and two of them insisted on talking to us the entire way (20 hours!!!!) in portuguese despite telling them several hundred time WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND!!! haha, they were very sweet and they had the family albums out and all....think they might have been trying to find a wife for their sons!!??

When we finally arrived at Foz we left our bags and headed to the falls (Brazilian side) and they really were spectacular, the photos really do not do them justice - you need to be able to hear them and feel the spray to realise just how huge they are! They were in a massive national park and it was full of all sorts of creatures - pretty butterflys, anteating ardvark type things and we even saw an aligator!!!! >Quite an experience! Once we had finished we headed back into town to catch the bus over the boarder to Argentina. We stayed there the night in quite a quiet hostel but did manage to get our first hot shower - bliss! The following day we explored the falls from this side....and to be quite frank, we didn't think it would be possible but they really were a thousand times better than the brazilain side, we were able to get so close that the platform we were standing on was almost in the falls!!! Such an amazing experience and we could see them from all angles! We got totally soaked at one point but that was ok because it gave us the opportunity for a "pac a mac moment!". Unfortunatly we had to catch our bus to BA so we didn't get to explore every inch of the park (Lydia was relieved as there were beware of the Snakes signs about!!!!!!) but we can strongly recommend a visit here to anyone coming this way - the falls are fab!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



25th June 2007

Re:Zzzzzzz
Come on you two get some stuff on your blog, its beginning to look like a one week fad now..!!!
26th June 2007

Good to hear some more!
Thank goodness you have made another entry me and Jammo were getting worried Anna. All is good in Notts, Will is in Ibiza at the moment (lucky swine) and all the other crew are fine. Tasha is getting a spanish exchange student tomorrow!! And Claire finds out what sex the baby is on Thursday!! Watch this space. Big love and hugs Lou Lu xxxx
27th June 2007

Big up from Nottingham Massive????
Well, I'm so pleased you made a comment, I've been asking everyone if they had heard from you? I thought you had been held captive in the jungle by Guerillas and forced into a life of crime and debouchery? ;-) It looks amazing babes and i bet you're having the time of your life? Cant wait to hear your stories. I'm still seeing Matt, things are going well, i spoke to Rachel the other day it was lovely to hear from her. I was thinking if it wasnt for you both i would never have met matt!! Anyway cant wait to see you again.....MWA xxxxx

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb