Rio de Janeiro --> Foz do Iguazu --> Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We're on a move again. After total of more then 40 hours on the bus, today we've reached Buenos Aires.. So, what have we been up to in between:
- After Tuesday's visit to the statue of the Jesus, on Wednesday Asta and I have decided that we still haven't seen the city centre. So, Wednesday has been dedicated to that... far too many people and noise for our taste. And although initial plan was to stay quite long,- already after couple of hours we've run back to relatively small Botofago, where we've lived...
- Thursday - after the day in town we needed some peace and quite. So, we took the bikes and went for a ride down the beach, around the lake and to Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro (extremely beautiful - the park has been created 1808 and hosts thousands of species of plants...)
- Friday - lunch with Rodrigo and Patricia, and off to Copacabana to buy our bus tickets (not without adventure - the chain of my bike jumped over when I've pushed with whole power & my leg went off the pedal & I started loosing control of the bike (all that happening in one of the busy streets of Rio). However, I was lucky - I've managed not to fall. So, sustained only a bruise and a cut on a leg.
- Saturday it was time to say good bye to our wonderful hosts & mentally prepare ourselves for 23 hours on a bus... (Although the trip wasn't as bad as we've expected. We actually even managed to sleep quite a bit and the ever changing views did entertain us enough (oh yes... thanks god for the iPod too!!!)
- Sunday - once in Foz do Iguazu we've just grabbed showers and went to see the Iguazu waterfalls . Astonishing!!!
- Monday we've moved to Argentinean side. Unfortunately I've as well managed to "crack" my back once again (probably a day before, when I've slipped on a wet floor). So, we've had a very easy going day, trying to find a Chiro...
- Tuesday was our "fun" day. We've spend a whole day in the park - walking, enjoying the views, joining couple of the excursions. One of which took us pretty close to the waterfall itself in a speed boat.
- Wednesday was a day for packing, lots of coffee, eMails and catching a bus to Buenos Aires
- Thursday (today) is a day for a bit of shopping, writing travel blog, writing diary & doing not much... :-)

Sorry for the very short text this time, just not feeling like writing too much - will let the photographs speak!


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb