The Iguazu skybox


Advertisement
Published: November 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to Brazil. Even though the place is within the stone reach, so to speak, crossing the border is always a hassle and means lots of passport stamping.

The park on this side is much smaller. Somewhere I read that if compared to a football game the Brazilian side is like a skybox: great overview of it all; while the Argentina side is like being in the curve, with the supporters, experiencing it all from where it is happening, from close by. After seeing also this side, we must say that the comparison is spot on. Yesterday's panoramas were impressive, but you never got to see the whole picture in one glance. From here instead, left and right, only waterfalls until eye can see.

Also today we went on a catwalk to check it out from 'in the middle'. We thought we were smart by getting those cheap ponchos in order to stay dry. Needless to say that it didn't really work - we were soaked. Which was kind of nice in the warm and sunny day.

In the afternoon we returned to the Argentina NP and walked the whole thing once again. 😊 Our feet are falling off but it was worth every step! Now we're gonna catch a bus to Tucuman (over 22 hour ride) and from there on to Salta. More news from there...


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lots of water Lots of water
Lots of water

Garganta de diablo from Brazilian side


Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 77; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb