Cataratas do Iguaçu


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hugh wanted a separate entry for the Brazilian side of the falls so that we get the whole of Brazil coloured in on our trip map! (H - well we did actually make it Brazil (if only for part of a day) and have the passport stamps to prove it!)

We had arranged with the taxi driver from the airport to be taken to the Brazilian side of the falls which turned out to save a lot of time and was very valuable for getting through the border. Unfortunately it was a grey morning...even more unfortunately it started to rain later in the morning and of course H's waterproofs were somewhere lost in the great airline luggage black hole so he ended up acquiring a particularly fetching white plastic mac to keep himself dry. It seems he hasn't put a picture of himself in it on here yet..... (H OK, it's on now)

My initial reaction when we set off on the first trail to view the falls was that there were lots stretching over a wide area which were quite beautiful but they didn't seem quite as impressive as I'd expected or as the pictures I'd seen. After everything that had happened and with Hugh having been anticipating this trip for a few years I was really upset that he might be disappointed. Neither of us said too much and we took a few photos continuing to walk along the trail. And then we turned a corner and I breathed a sigh of relief.....

The falls at the Garganta del Diablo (that's in Spanish, cannot recall the Brazilian!) were absolutely enormous and amazing and well, there's no point me trying to describe them. We spent much longer there that anticipated and had to dash back to meet our driver slightly later than we had suggested to him. The only downside was that it remained grey and damp so the photos don't look too bright.

And then there was the Argentinian side....

Lots of love

S + H xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb