Brazil: Curitiba


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » ParanĂ¡ » Curitiba
February 11th 2013
Published: April 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

11-02 to 13-02: Curitiba



Renowned for its architectural and urban creativity and an effective transport system: tubular stations, bus lanes, bi-articulated buses. Curitiba is also a green town with a Botanical Garden and lots of parks and recycling spaces. The most important building is the Basilica Minor Cathedral, neo-gothic style with 2 towers and a very beautiful interior. Downtown and historical center is full of color to remember the european influences: portugueses, German, French, Pols...

The Botanical Garden is famous for his iron-and-glass greenhouse inspired by the Crystal Palace in London. The garden around is geometrical triangles shapes like in France.

The German brought the beer, the french the bread, the Poles were famous farmers and used to sell everything they grow down to the market. The Italians have left some very good pizza. The Ukrainians had a large pat in the urban developments and the Japanese brought their sense of gardening.

Curitiba is probably the most 'European' city in Brazil, very 'green' and 'efficient'... We loved the arty feel of the place and took many pictures of the great street art...

We stayed at Motter Home and we do recommend this hostel as the management is perfect and the staff is lovely and very helpful. So far Motter Home is THE best hostel we have stayed in...


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb