Curitiba


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Curitiba
February 28th 2011
Published: February 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Curitiba (pronounced Curichiba)... this wont be a long one. We arrived after a long overnight bus but it was much better than the first - I slept pretty much the whole way, waking up now and again to crack my neck back into place 😉

We had a little wander through town and Mark gave us the history, it´s a tourist destination because of the fantastic urban planning, it´s quite clean and well cared for. Curitibians all think it is the most wonderful place on earth - although one did admit to me that they do lack a beach.... Haha!

We spent the afternoon wandering around the shops and bought some nail polish which feels like a real luxury now.

We had a little rest and then got into party mode as it was Saturday night and a few of the younger guys from the other tour had found an Irish pub downtown which had live music and they were having a Killers tribute band play so we headed along to watch that. It was wicked, although I can´t say I saw an Irish person, nor an English. A group of young Portugese boys befriended us (as Nic and I went earlier to get a bite in first) and 2 of the 3 of them had done exchange in America. One had gone to Cal-i-fooornn-yah and it was hilarious to hear his perfect LA accent and then hear him speak in perfect Portuguese to his mates.

The band was great and we danced up the front the whole time. It was great to be able to sing along to a band! I think we were home by 2am as we had to be up early for the 6 hour bus to Sao Paulo...

Suprisingly I woke up super early - like 7am, so got up for breakfast then headed out to the local sunday markets which were HUGE, I spent an hour wandering but unfortunately had to get back in time for the bus - you could do a whole day there easily. I bought a small black leather handbag which is perfect for this trip. It was about $30.00AU - and it smells amazing - Bargain eh!

Not much else on Curitiba folks....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb