Curitiba for a day


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Paraná » Curitiba
December 17th 2005
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

From Parati we took a bus to Sao Paulo and then from there another bus to Curitiba. In total we spent 12 hours traveling. We arrived at our hotel late on Thursday nigt and crashed.

Curitiba is a city made up of decendants of Polish, German and Italian immigrants. It is also one of the best run cities in Brazil with health, transportation and education systems that are some of the best in the country. The center of the city is totally pedestrianized so it was a good place to wander for a couple of hours. We then visited the botanical gardens, the Oscar Niemeyer museum (brazilian architect) and saw a bunch of parks. Curitiba is a city full of parks and lots of culture so it was really nice to walk around and soak it all in. We ended the day in a german bar drinking cold beer and eating brautwurst!

We got on a bus this morning to Paranagua. And this is where we are now, waiting for a boat that will take us to Ilha do Mel an island an hour from here. We´ll be the for two nights so expect some more updates early next week!! Gotta go as our internet time is up!! Hope everyone is well!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



17th December 2005

wow!
Que lindo! What an incredible trip, way to go on the rock slide- looks like fun! Max will be very impressed!
20th December 2005

seem's to be a beautifull spot. hope your having a great time. happy christmas and new year.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.047s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb