Travel from the estancia to Iguazu - time to ‘fess-up’


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Pantanal
January 26th 2012
Published: January 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A terrible thunderstorm overnight meant we had to get up even earlier than intended so that the estancia 4x4 could drive us the 5 miles of mud track to the main road. Pick up car was waiting and we arrived at Buenos Aires airport at 08.00 for a 10.20 flight. Then it all went wrong!

We knew to wait at gate 4 for our flight and assumed that the seats next to gate 5 were for gate 4 – how wrong we were! Gates 1-4 were downstairs and we only realised at 10.22, we fled downstairs to an empty departure lounge – our flight had left! We were so angry and to make matters worse there was no-one to blame but ourselves. So back to check in and we got on standby for the next flight – unfortunately our luggage was now in flight to Iguazu. Our eyes never left the screen from then on (just as well as the gate changed twice). John leapt up as soon as someone arrived at desk and we got the last two seats – back seats by the loo. As soon as we had taken our seats, Suzanne had a fit of twinnie giggles – John never found out what was so funny. We were thankfully reunited with our luggage when we arrived – all forlorn in a corner of the check in area. Did we learn our lesson – who knows but we had a good laugh over yet another bottle of Malbec.

Advertisement



3rd February 2012

am glad you could laugh about it later over the malbec, would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the stress, good job twinnie wasn't with you as i think the twinnie giggles could have started much earlier!!!
3rd February 2012

Hannah - Time to 'fess up'
I did enough giggling on my own without twinnie! I couldn't speak to John without bursting out with laughter!

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.8kb