24hr bus journey and we´re still alive!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Mato Grosso do Sul » Campo Grande
January 22nd 2009
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We are in Campo Grande, the capital of Matto Grosso do Sul. it is a city in a sort of bland lowland area, surrounded by cattle ranches and has a distinct wild west feel about it. lots of cowboy boots and john wayne wannabe´s!

Got really over-excited because we read in the guidebook that there is a museum, called museo dom busco, that is mainly taxidermy animals, 10,000 insects and butterflies etc. So we got up early especially to find this place, wondering the streets in the heat for hours... only to find that the damn place is moving location. thats bad timing! On the topic of animals... we found the most amazing shop, Planeta. from the outside it looked like woolies but as we moved into the depths we heard the noise of a waterfall... and was that the quack of a duck?! we got to the end of an isle selling plastic fruit, only to be confronted by a tank of huge fish, and a big pond, and a bridge, and yes a massive waterfall! there were metre long fish in the pool, tortoises, and ducks! there was even a little river for terrepins that led to another waterfall. These Brazilians are crazy!

We are near an area called the Pantanal and will be staying in the heart of it, in a place called Corumba before heading over the border to bolivia. The Pantanal is the best place for spotting wildlife in the whole of Brazil. leopards, panthers, snakes, pirhanas, alligators and probably lots of mosquito´s!

Things are looking up now that we are away from the hectic coast... yet to find some fellow travelers though. definitely in a bit of a dave and aisha bubble and need some people to have a natter with every now and then, but cant complain!

Dont want to be pushing the blog on anyone, but if you subscribe then you´ll get an email that will let you know when we´ve published a new blog. might be easier for ya.

xx

Advertisement



24th January 2009

I've subscribed... Ohhhhhhh yer xxxxxx

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb