Natal


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia
January 14th 2005
Published: July 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,
Still in sunny Natal - today was our buggy ride which headed north across the sand dunes and many deserted beaches.
The buggy picked us up from our glorious beachfront home where we met two other travelers from Norway who we were sharing the buggy with. The Norwegians dont come small, so all was very cosy and tight grips, especially when we sped up the wall of death´ and dropped down the ´vertical descent´. i did a bit of sand boarding and some contraption that may pass as a flying fox, the best bit being rescued by a raft. for extra excitment on the buggy or the other things we always say ´´si si´ when asked ´com emocao?´ (with emotion).

i have come out a screaming hot pink while hazel just keeps on tanning - totally unfair. perhaps this is why the locals like to touch my skin all the time...

in fact we finally worked one curious thing out - all the strange looks we have been getting from the locals. we met this local lawyer who poses as a helpful information source at night and he even enquired whether we had been getting strange looks. you see, such incidents as old ladies performing a full 180 degree dirty as we walk by doesnt go unnoticed. we are told, hazel looks like a local (more each day as she is getting darker!) and they think i am taking one of their women or worse, that she is a erm... lady of the night!

--dan--


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Haze in a lagoonHaze in a lagoon
Haze in a lagoon

We stopped off to swim in a lagoon somewhere amongst the dunes
Lobster DanLobster Dan
Lobster Dan

Convinced he will achieve the tan of the guy next him


27th January 2005

Lady of the Night!
Just started reading all the adventures today. Sounds like the two of you are having so much fun, off on your own adventures. You've stayed in this Natal place for a while now. It was very amusing to hear that Hazel has been mistaken for a 'lady of the night' and funnier still that they think Dan is taking one of their women. - Jan Michael

Tot: 0.267s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb