Beach Time!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
March 19th 2009
Published: August 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After Carnaval, I got a cheap last minute flight to Salvador de Bahia, the oldest city in the New World (Rio airport is fairly swish by the way). We stayed in Pelourino which is the historic area of the city, in a cool hostel where we would spend most our time. The drinking game circle of death was a big hit here and we got pissed on daquari fruit drinks playing this most nights. We usually conspired to get one of the new players sick each night, but it was good craic. Carnaval was fissiling out when I arrived.

I met Aussie Adam, Saffa Charl, Dub Simon and some others here. One of the first nights here I was kissing an American girl who was real ugly and awkard. We had some trouble in the street from a crazy Black Brazilian guy who was accusing a girl from the hostel of being racist because she wanted to talk to us and not him. He was pretty angry and intense and I was waiting for it to to kick off but luckily the police came and he left. I didn't like Salvador. It was dirty and the area we stayed in felt very dangerous, particularly at night time. I shagged a black English chick here. She was a good ride and we fucked in a dorm with other people there. The Asian girl in the bunk underneath me got a good view of my lower half completely naked when I climbed out of the bed.


We went on a boat trip to a beach island, which was good fun. We were on a big boat with lots of Brazilians and a gang of Norweigan exchange students, all blond and lots of them were hot. The was a marked difference between the Brazilians who were up dancing to samba all day and the Norweigans who were very reserved. The boat trip was good fun and we went to a few other beaches in Salvador. I went to Itacare next.


On the bus from Ilheus to Itacare I encountered a very annoying American travellerer from LA. He was pacing the platform waiting for the bus and generally flapping around. His flapping was so annoying that I decided to explain the situation and make clear the futility of his dramatics and this seemed to calm him down. Problem was he thought we were now friends and kept a seat for me on the bus, which I declined. He was shouting at me complaining that no people in Brazil spoke English........ and one down the back answered him. I speak English so he was gone again. Thank fuck!!



Getting off the bus I went for a drink and something to eat. They were an odd pair, one 45 English, cranky and bald, the other a 35 year old, friendly Brazilian. The English guy was a bit uncomfortable when I asked them what they do and answered...... met at a party in London, one thing led to another and here they are in Brazil....... Definately a closet homo. Why be ashamed man? Especially to me who you meet for one day on holidays. Be who you are!!



My meal with these two gave me food-poisoning and caused seven hours of vomiting, diahorria and crampes. I was out of sorts for two days after this and as result didn´t hook up with Jenny while I was here. Jenny is sweet. I hope to see her again on this trip but I fucked up here, moping around sick and not following up on Iguazu. She was quite good to have around anyway and her and Nadia cared for me. Jenny realised that her bank card had been skimmed in Salvador de Bahia and e4000 was gone. Uh ohh!!



Itacare is a real stoner beach town. Going to beach most days, did a little surfing, swimming and playing in the waves. Did body-surfing properly for the first time today. One of the beaches here is ranked in the top ten in the world, by whoever ranks them. There's a trek to get there but its nice. Not mant people etc.



Have been hanging around with the three lads from Salvador, Charl, Adam and Jono. Carl is sound, Adam is just about in the boat but Jono is a twat. They are incredibly tightfisted and look to spend 3euro on dinner every day.



How could I forget Agusto who was just walked into the internet cafe. I´m sharing a room with a skinhead Israeli who is part of some Socialist Youth Movement that seems to be like a hardcore Isreali BNP. I was smoking joints with him and a French guy when I came home last night. The French is like a typical effeminate French guy and is direct contrast to Agusto, who is the spitting image of the Ed Nortons friend in American History X.... Big, real white with a shaved head... Actually had a very interesting conversation with him finding out the views of a hardcore Isreali. Everytime I steered the conversation back to Israel he seemed to slip into propaganda mode rattling off explanations, selling the movements ideas and trying to get me on a yes trail. Its unbelievable that these guys become brainwashed so badly. <br style="mso-special-character: line-break;" />

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb