Carnaval Carnaval Carnaval


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
February 20th 2012
Published: February 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ash Thursday and we are in Salvador. Our first hours in Salvador though were spent in the airport because we had to make up for the money we spent to take a taxi, to switch airport in Sao Paulo, not to miss our flight.

Early morning we took the bus and went to our hostel a small cute place with the most likeable staff. We couldn´t check in untill 1 so we went to Barra Shopping to spent more money. When we have finally checked in and started making our beds, Justine and Kiki entered the room and informed us about Carnaval happenings. We decided we were going to do Camarote with them so we went out again to get the money. Stef and me slept for a while coz we didn´t sleep enough at the airport floor. After waking up from our nap that wasn´t long, coz the carnaval band was outside our window, we hung around a bit with thew other guests we had lunch and then went back to bed coz we were both feeling sleepy and cranky.

Breakfast from now on, because we have to pay for other meals, became our most importand one. We shove into our stomach as much as we can fit in. There´s always ham and cheese sandwich, fruits, coffee and juice, cake and eggs. We waited for the other girls to wake up and have breakfast and then we went to arrange for the camarote before going to the beach. Returning home passing by the restaurant next door we were handed condoms by men dressed as brides. After we hung around the leaving room had something for dinner and caipirinhas and headed towards the beach for carnaval celebrations. The way they do it here is the trucks with the artist and their band along with its bloco and the health and sanitary truck behind and parade along the beach road. Live music and jumping people all around. It has been so much fun for us.

We started of with a group of 15 and gradually we stayed with 6. On these big street party there are many dangers beeing a girl. People just grap you or kiss you or stare at you spill beer on you...Fortunately no kissing for us... We followed Daniella Mercury a free bloco on Friday of a very famous singer here. Bob sinclair was there as well. The whole thing was just so vivid and lively an amzing experience definatelly. After Daniella we stayed standing for a while to watch the other flows and then we made our way back with many stops though. We were 4 grls and 2 guys and they were taking care of us.. so nice of them bearing in mind we have just met them. Back home we relaxed for a little while, hit the showers and went to sleep.

Next morning we all had brekfast together, quite a lot of it... I lost the keys to my locker and i ve been looking for them for a long time, i even had to go through Kiki´s bag but i still have no idea were the keys are. The maintenance guy managed to open the lock with a screw and sm other tool and i got access to my things again. We went ot take our shirts for the camarote afterwaeds and then we went to a different beach with some of the guys. We retuned just on time to get rady and go to our camarote. Open bar and food inclusive so we went earlu coz we were hungry. We started drinking Caipiroskas and had too much to drink with just small sandwiches untill 11 and then they brought out the food but we weren´t hungry at that point. Besides that we had a mission. There was this nasty bitch standing next to us and she was so rude to everyone. Justine started asking silly question like ´Where´s the beach'and then we were dancing all around the place with drinks in our hands and ofcourse Justin in the state she was she just threw a glass of vodka lime on her. We kept fooling around next to her for a long time and at some point she left. Camarote was fun as well but popcorn was much better. Highlight of the night was the drunken Justine dancing and fooling around.. 😊

Salvador Carnaval was great. Street parties after lunchtime, happy people and music. The only bad thing was me getting pickpocketed in the morning but the pickpocketer told me 'DIsculpa me amiga'

Advertisement



Tot: 0.513s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.3976s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb