SALVADOR, THE CITY OF THE FAMOUS BRAZILIAN CARNIVAL


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
February 25th 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0



The city was the capital of Brazil for centuries. In 16th century it was the port disembarging African slaves. When Rio developed all the rich immigrate to Rio de Janeiro making the city the second capital.

Actually today the capital is Brazil. When people migrate Salvador was left with rich buildings and churches to their destiny. The city is a world herritage. Because of the slaves African culture is dominating.

We stayed at Che Lagarto Hostel on Barra Beach . Which is 10 minutes drive to the historic center- Pelourinho. One of the best place in Salvador to stay. The hostel makes necessary activities, parties and group tours.

The city is one of the most unsafe, dangerous one. When the sun goes down, we are recommended not to go out. We are lucky that we didn’t loose Money or our camera or we are not robbed. But tomorrow we may. Because tonight we met two Turkish friends at dinner who both were pickpocketed.

We as a group from the hostel , bodyguarded by the hostel, visited Pelourinho on Tuesday night ( only Tuesday nights the area is very active). But we were not allowed to get any camera, bag or extra Money with us. We enjoyed the night very much.It was like a dream with the music and dances on the streets.Unfortinately without any camera. If we could have a camera we could prove the pickpocketing of the children without any fier obviously although there were military police almost at every corner. But stil it is a city worth visiting.

Every place is preparing and renewing for carnival which will take place in 9 days.

Tomorrow we are going to Morro Do Sao Paulo Island two hours away. We will be back to Salvador on 28 th Feb. To fly to Iguazu Falls.

Herkese sevgiler.




Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

 Pelourinho(Historic Center) Pelourinho(Historic Center)
Pelourinho(Historic Center)

Gunay with the band
 Pelourinho(Historic Center) Pelourinho(Historic Center)
Pelourinho(Historic Center)

A piece of religious art. It may be 'ucube' for some people


27th February 2011

nazar değmesin
Harikasınız gezin görün, yazın dinlemeye hazırım valla!
28th February 2011

Nazar degmesın, Amiiiiiin,
Sizleri ozledik. Yazi sabirsizlikla bekliyoruz. Sevgiler

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb