Mugged... savage


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
February 11th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys!

We´ve had the first rubbish day of the trip! We were going out ot buy loo roll of all things today when we got mugged by two blokes. All the tourist guides say just to let go of your bag and give them whatever they want ... so we did! The guy at the hostel had to break into my rucksack when we got back from the police station! He used a hammer and a chisel and a lot of brute force to get in but we can at least still get to my clean pants! The bastards only actually got my camera, a top, the keys to my rucksack, the maps and the dictionary (back to square one on the language thing)! Luckily our money was all in the hostel. We´re both fine (although Simon´s a bit more fine than i am) so nobody go worrying!

Other than that we had a really nice meal last night for my birthday and the waiter brought me insect repellant because i was being eaten alive (now that´s service for you)! The food was great too. Surprise surprise, Simon had steak and again with the surprises i had salad! Then we drank wine and Capirinhas (Brazil´s national cocktail) and listened to a blues singer perform such Brazilian classics as My Way and Imagine!! We´re going to the turtle sanctuary at Praia do Forte tomorrow - i´d say that i´ll post photos up but that might be a bit hard now (bastards)! We´ll let you know what it was like though and there´s loads of pictures of it on the web if you´re interested. Apparently there´s beautiful white sandy beaches which i´m sure will help us both to get over today´s crapness! Mugged on a sunday in a catholic country, how ungodly of them was that?

Advertisement



12th February 2007

Lil f***ers
Buggers to that, you shouldve jumped around like chickens. Wouldve scared them a bit. Nice one on the passive resistance though. Were they armed or just burly? One question, how on earth do you break into a rucksack with a hammer? Arent rucksacks soft usually? Suggestion, find out how much you have to pay for protective escort. Also watch out for that escort who is willing to take a bribe from muggers. Risky business. Basically watch your back. Youre gonna be obvious tourists for a while atleast til you get that hispanic glow. TEQUILA! Al
12th February 2007

Shit happens!
Glad to hear that you're both ok; that's the main thing. I don't suppose they know how to spell God, let alone have any in built morals in that direction. Continue to have a great time; don't let the bastards grind you down! Love always Mum P.S. Are you getting Mum M and our e-mails through?
12th February 2007

Nightmare
Hey guys, what a nightmare.... bet you're soooo glad of that insurance now hey?!! Did you have photos on other cameras? I personally would have recommended kung fu chopping the bastards and ending up rotting in a Salvadorian prison for the next 5 million years, hmm second thoughts prob best to just give em what they wanted! Cool that you saw an octopus!!! I've only ever seen one and that was snorkelling not diving... you lucky things! Haha, plus I can recommend neat deet as a great remedy for pesky cockroaches! Have mucho fun and stay safe! Happy (slightly belated) birthday too Alison!
13th February 2007

Bastards!
Aw guys I'm really sorry to hear about your mugging, there are some real nasty people in this world! I hope everything else goes great for you, and glad to hear your b'day was good! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Dano xxx

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb