A brief catch up of a long period of time!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Amazonas » Manaus
July 7th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, I have been awful with neglecting this travel journal so far too much has happened to sum it all up, I will have a go though!

New Zealand was amazing, we hired a car called El Cheapo and drove ourselves around for 2 weeks on the South Island which was amazingly beautiful and then a week and a half on the North. We visited Queenstown where I braved the Canyon Swing which was terrifying and the snowcapped mountains and general Autumny scenery was stunning. We headed to Milford Sound where the clouds were out in force but we managed to see some very big waterfalls which is always nice.. We climbed a mountain for some beautiful views and nearly froze at the top, drove to look at the glaciers, went watching Sperm Whales and seals and then some gorgeous baby seals, popped into some wineries, markets then headed towards the ferry.

Few days in Wellington with Tillys cousin where a ROAST DINNER was eaten, very very special treat that was and absolutely delicious. Hehe, these things really are a true luxury these days. Skydive was the next adventure, absolutely amazing views over Lake Taupo and then on to Roturua where we saw a kiwi, geysers and some Maori cultural things. Final roadtrip was via Hobbitons set and then off to Fiji.

Had a very nice relaxing time in Fiji despite some food poisoning which put a dampener on the week. It turned out being really expensive so we headed back to New Zealand a little early for just under another week there.

Then on to South America, cheap lands and lots of chocolate! A few days in Santiago, Chile before many a bus journey, a few days in Arica with the best hostel ever (Sunny Days) and Luaca National Park with the first Llama encounters and some stunning scenery and a little altitude sickness.. Then very very briefly through Bolivia and finally to Cusco which I adored. So gorgeous there, little cobbled streets, a massive room, amazing food and cafes everywhere and of course the very famous Machu Picchu which was incredible. Tilly one of my travelling friends decided to go home and headed on towards England whilst me and Helen went off to the jungle.

Had an amazing experience in the jungle seeing many animals including the PINK DOLPHIN which was amazing and we even jumped in with them into the Amazon! Followed unfortunately by 5 days on a boat along the Amazon which was more than enough time in a cramped cabin on a damp and overcrowded boat but Manaus was at the end with its manatee and giant otter filled wildlife park and now on to the coast we go.

So much has happened! Thats the briefest of brief updates..

And now for the last leg, only 5 weeks until Helen and I too are homeward bound, its going so fast!
x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb