Cloud forest


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wheather was not really much better today, but whatever! I wanted to see cloud forest and spend some energy! Luckily, a hardy troupe of 2 british, 1 american and 1 israeli, as well as even more hardy Carmelo the guide wanted to be out and about in the cloud forest as well, so off we went.

And it was soo worth it! As if to reward as for being the only tourists (well, we all prefer "travellers", don't we?) venturing out into the Amboro National Park, it didn't really rain all day - but it really was cloudy. Luckily, we took the cloud forest tour and not the panoramic hillside walk.

I will just add some pictures and let them speak for themselves: it was a fantastic day between - or under - giant ferns (truly giant: up to 15m high), scrambling up and down very very narrow to non-existent paths, grabbing spiky fern stems for support (ouch!), hearing stories about Juan the Jaguar (who is definitely not a nice Juan, having killed a cow and a DOG last night, which now made the former cow-owner stand with a rifle in the forest, waiting for the Jaguar's appearance), a perfect cloud forest picknick, seeing or not seeing monkeys and other weird animals (somehow, only Carmelo managed to really see animals - all we got was a tail, a flutter of wings, a shadow scurrying from one side to the other), and loads and loads of mud.

We rounded of the day with a perfect dinner next to a cozy fireplace, and after that live music from a colombian-english three-man travelling band and a contest between Adam and me of getting the ball through the labyrinth without letting it drop into any of the holes.

Nice. I am totally glad that coincidence and bad luck took me to Samaipata.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb