Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!

From San Pedro, we travelled into Bolivia via a 3 day trip to the Uyuni Salt flats, the largest salt flat in the world! We took a 4x4 jeep with our irish and english friends and our driver, Frans. We were a bit apprehensive about the altitude, as we would be going from an altitude of 2400m in San Pedro to an altitude of 4100m at the Bolivian border...in about 40 minutes. There is no doubt, we felt the altitude, but thankfully not the extent that some people do! We were lethargic, had headaches (generally just felt hung over!) and were short of breath with the smallest amount of activity (a weird and scary feeling when you can't even walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing - you feel like you're 80 years old!).

We aren't going to go into great detail about this trip solely for the reason that our driver Frans (who was promised to speak English before we began the trip) did not speak any english, solo espanol. Therefore, our tour was largely about looking at the scenery without much of a description of what each area was (because we couldn't understand about 70% of what he said). So, as a nice change of pace, we'll let the pictures do the talking for a change!

Enjoy!
Laura and Greg




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb