There and back again


Advertisement
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Flooded Salt FlatsFlooded Salt FlatsFlooded Salt Flats

We drove, walked, and poked this natural phenomenom for hours!
Our tour across what felt like the entire country of Boliva was heartwarming and to be cherished forever. The salt flats were stunning, and our time in a multitude of Mos Eisley style towns were wonderful. Expecting to see two moons and moisture farms, we instead found llamas, llamas, and more llamas. Oh yes, and flamingos! The reality is that this trip is hard to describe, frankly Bolivia seems to be the most diverse country in terms of opposing landscapes (at least for its size) that only pictures can do it justice. Salt flats, deserts, jungle (although that was when we were north last week) and everything in between makes it simply amazing to traverse (especially in a 4X4 in the back country, during the daytime). Im going to keep this short for now in an attempt to fight with Windows ME and get some photos uploaded for your viewing pleasure.

Oh yes, I want to mention Justin and Micha (Im going with a 'CH' on this one Jord) who really made our trip extra fun, and for them teaching me the truly awesome drinking game with imaginary musical instruments. Sorry to everyone we kept up until dawm on the
RockRockRock

A rock. Yes. I do not lie.
night of Day 2, except the litch queen who bathed nude in the hot springs the next morning when I was hungover.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

LandscapeLandscape
Landscape

Where did the flamingos go? They were too busy gawking at the stone omens we made (sorry Kiwis, yours just didnt measure up)
Wimpy JeepWimpy Jeep
Wimpy Jeep

Too bad for you wimpy jeep, we only stopped to laugh at your feeble efforts trying to catch us! (enemy tour group that complained about noise at night)
Sleeping beautySleeping beauty
Sleeping beauty

It is now official, Ryan sleeps more than Cook.


26th January 2006

Hey guys i must agree Bolivia was by far my favorite country it's absolutely jaw dropping amazing!! picture will never do it justice and the salt flats are stunning!! everyone should really experience this for themselves! i'm loving the stories keep having a blast....can't wait to hear where you're off to next! Jas did you ever finish the davinci code?? keep rockin' the hammocks!
29th January 2006

Hey guys yep it sure was awesome. but our stone sculpture would and could kick ur miserable little pebbles into dust anyday! Good place, great people :0
31st January 2006

bolivia the most beautiful country.
What can I say? I´m in love with this country.

Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 26; qc: 119; dbt: 0.1563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb