Salt Flats, Giant Cacti and geezers!


Advertisement
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Uyuni at 5.00AM so started searching for a good tour agency to do the Salt Flats with. In the end we went with Lipez, but I didn't rate them that much - no BBQ Llama as promised! And trust me, Boucs and I were asking for it every night! We almost started a fire ourselves at one point! The food was OK, but not much of it - James Nickson if you're reading this, it was like having a starter as a main course!
Anyways the tour was OK and I think most companies are pretty much like for like, you just need to haggle with them for a good price.
Day one we visited the Train Cemetery, Where they make the Salt, Fish Islands where all the giant cacti are and just drove and took pictures of the Salt Flats. Got back to our hotel which was made of Salt, even the beds! Watched the sunset, had our dinner (which wasn't BBQ Llama!) and went to bed.
Day two we drove to some cave and saw some toombs and a couple of skulls. Saw a few lagoons which changed colour and loads of flamingos, which we also didn't eat! Also saw lots of rock formations and got to this place which had rocks similar to the ones in Salvador Dali pictures!
Day three was tuff - 4.00AM start - I didn't give up my job to get up even earlier! Drove to the geezers which were cool, then drove to some hot springs to have breakfast. It was 6.30AM and absolutely freezing - the thought of taking your clothes of was jus crazy, but we did it and once you got in the springs, they were nice and hot.
After breakfast we drove to the Chiliean border and got on the bus to San Pedro - see you there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb