3 day jeep tour - Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

The 12 hour overnight bus journey to Uyuni was like continuous turbalence in a place. The roads were so bumpy it was impossible to sleep. However, a woman approached us on the bus to say she owns her own travel agency and offered a good price for the 3 day jeep tour we wanted to do. As soon as we arrived at 6am we went with her, booked our tour and were on it by 10am.

Our group was 2 israelis, assaf and Leran. Two swedish people claus and ellin and us.

Over the 3 days we saw the salar de uyuni which is the worlds largest salt flat which are remains of a salt lake. The photos we took there are so cool, my favourite ones so far. We went to some beautiful lakes called the laguna colorada and laguna verde. We saw some flamingoes in their natural habitat which neither of us had ever see before. They were gorgeous but I think we got carried away with the photos. We also went to the sol de manana, which is a geyser basin which are boiling mud pots. Very bazaare to see in the middle of nowhere. There were also some hot springs not far from the mud pots but we only paddled, too chicked to go in that early in the morning.

The tour was really cool, we had a really good bunch of people. The guide wasnt very informative but we have had crap ones the entire time apart from on the galapagos. The food was good. Accomodation was basic but we expected that. We stayed in a salt hotel (hotel made out of salt) one night which was pretty cool.

We spent our nights just drinking red wine (Iwas forced too) and playing cards and we had a good laugh. The tour went really quickly though.

After the tour we spent one night in Uyuni then got the bus to Tupiza at 5am the next morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.3kb