El Salar de Uyuni


Advertisement
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

We crossed the Chilean-Bolivian border to begin the Salt Flats tour. We travelled in convoy wih one other Jeep. Myself, Lorraine, Helen and Anna & Paul went in one of the jeeps and then a group consisting of a french woman, an Englis lad, 2 Kiwis and and a welsh girl were in the other. The first part of the trip was to bathe in thermal springs whic unfortunately we were unable to do because we though that that was for day 2. We then visited Lago Colorado which was beautiful.

The first night was spent in basic accomodation and it must have been about -5 to -10 outside. We then got up bright and early the following morning to head to visit some other sights along the way to our second nights lodgings in the Salt Hotel. This hotel was completely made from salt. from the bedside tables to the stools we sat on for dinner.

The third day we finally got to see the salt flats which were really incredible, we were also brought to a cactus island which was in the middle of the Salar.


Hemos cruzado la frontera de Chile-Bolivia para empezar el tour del Salar de Uyuni. Viajamos juntos con un otro grupo de gente de Francia, Nueva Zelanda, Galicia e Inglaterra. Hemos empezado con una oportunidad de banarse pero no pudemos hacerlo porque pensamos que pudemos hacerlo el segundo dia. Despues fuimos Lago Colorado qu era hermoso.

Pasemos la primera noche en alojamiento basico y creo que era unos 5-1 grados bajo de zero afuera. Nos levantamos muy temprano el dia siguiente para ver mas y llegamos al Salt Hotel donde cada cosa fue hecho de sal.

Vimos el Salar de Uyuni en el tercer dia. Era una vista increible. Fuimos tambien a una isla de cacto que estuvo en el centro del Salar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb