The Salt Falts Day 1(just for photo purposes)


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Reached Uyuni at 2am all wrecked and pissed with travelling and got lucky with a nice local hostel. Uyuni was a bit of a dump and looks like a western town but turned out to be not to bad in the end. Our aim here was to do the Salt flats. Its a three or four day trip which you drive 120kms stuffed into a 4x4. It didnt sound appealing but we were told is unmissable. The salt flats were created when the sea dried up and left spectactular views for tourists. It looks like a white desert and you cant see the horizon in some places. You also get to try to make some cheesy photos aswell. We had plenty of choice with 66 companies doing the tours and got ours for a paltry 65 US dollars(3 days!!).

The gang of 6(jon ands amy with the four of us minus Gar) left the next day in the land cruiser with our guide Omar and his cook(who is a shite cook)/girlfriend/callgirl/weirdo/rudest bitch we ever came across(so rude that in 3 days we never even knew her name!!). We headed to some crappy salt museum which had ornaments made of salt. The let you in to wander then try to charge you when you leave, so they soon saw 6 middle fingers. We reached the flats which were pretty cool. The companies all advertise the trip as if your gonna be on the flats for 3 days straight but we just spend 3 hours there. We drove through it and then had lunch on a cactus island then left an hour later. It was brilliant to see and it turned out to be great with what was in store for us over the next 2 days.

That evening we got to a hostel, had a game of footie with a few bolivian children(we had to pay them to let us play and they were all glorying shits - good fun though). After our muck dinner me, dar, graham and jon drank a full bottle of rum in front of the fire and fell to bed.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.11s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb