for you


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Potosi
February 5th 2008
Published: February 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Time to close the chapter of our South American journey. As the final stage of this journey has been characterised with altitude sickness and food poisoning, the journey home comes with a small amount of relief.

The last week of uncomfortableness does not at all reflect the very fortunate and wonderful experience we have had - and we certainly hope we have been able to share some of this adventure with you through this blog.

We would love to thank Patagonia for sharing its grand and powerful landscape and climate, Chile for it´s quietness and familiarity to New Zealand, Argentina for it´s passion and creativity, and Bolivia for it´s simplicity and harshness of life.

The spice and sparkle of our journery was, however, created by the wonderful people we managed to cross paths with along the way. Thanks for fixing our bikes, for hot showers and comfy beds. Thanks for answering our questions and opening your hearts enough so we may learn about your lives and culture. Thanks for laughing at our jokes, and tolerating our poquito (small amount) of spanish. Most of all thanks for your friendship and sending us on with your best wishes. We hope we managed to sprinkle a little spice and sparkle in your lives also.

Most of all we would like to thank friends and family at home. Being away from you is a clear reminder what special and important people you are. It is so much easier to take on an adventure and keep one´s courage during challenging times when there are so many wonderful people believing in you.

Thanks for your help and understanding during our short planning time, thanks for sending us off with best wishes and love, thanks for following our story and sending kind words. We very much look forward to seeing and catching up with you all soon and hope we have the graciousness to put our excitement of being home aside, to be able to catch up with your own summer and life adventures.

Aroha is on the plane, Penny and Kate leave a day later - we can smell the Weetbix already.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb