Bolivia


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department
October 25th 2013
Published: November 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Four awesome weeks in Bolivia with my sister, and gnommie.

The airplane arrived in El Alto which is at an elevation of 4000m. We took a taxi into La Paz and checked-in to our hotel. The altitude had us breathless from walking up the 2 flights of stairs to our room. The first few days we acclimatized and planned our adventures with the amazing tour operator Deep Rainforest.

Some highlights include:


Hiking through snow-capped mountains in the Andes






• Riding our single-gear bikes on the World’s Most Dangerous Road
• The Amazon rainforest was so green and lush we were instantly lost. Smelling the stench of the jungle pigs before seeing them. Walking into and unexpected butterfly oasis. Zip lining from one giant tree to the next, using single-clip safety harnesses (that’s Bolivia for you!).
• Eating and sleeping on salt furniture made from the Uyuni salt flats. Passing more volcanos and flamingos than we will see in a lifetime. Jumping through a fumarole. Soaking in a hot spring in 5⁰C and then running out and changing as fast as we possibly could.






• Going into the Potosi mine where 5 million people
La Paz, capital city of BoliviaLa Paz, capital city of BoliviaLa Paz, capital city of Bolivia

Elevation 3600 meters
have died while working.
• Hiking on a restored Inca Trail in the Cordillera de los Frailes into a fake crater and to dinosaur footprints.
• Hiking through giant rock formations in Torotoro. Sizing up to a giant brontosaurus footprint. Hiking down into a canyon to El Vergel where subterranean water cascades through crevasses and moss into refreshing pools of water.
• Glamming up with $2 manicures in the Cochabamba market.
• Seeing cuddly cute owls, and sloths moving directly in the tree above us!






Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb