Travels con Madre


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Two weeks seem to have flown by, has it really been that long? Mum left this morning, which was sad, and am feeling slightly homesick now, but Im sure it will pass! So, how have we filled in the last two weeks? Its definately been busy, some up, some downs (mostly me being moody!), but mainly its been great. It began two fridays ago, when mum arrived in the morning to La Paz. I hadnt planned anything, all prepared for mum to be jet lagged, struck down by altitude, etc. Silly me. With almost no signs of illness or tiredness, she of course is raring to go. So we spend most of that day in the travel agent, sorting out the details of our trip, and then its off to explore la paz. It is a wonderful place, and I love being able to share it with her. We do a tour of some markets, and mainly just have a wander around. The next day we go to Tiwanaku, some ruins north of La Paz. The Tiwanakus predate the Incas, and in comparrison to their 150 or so years, these guys lasted 3000. The ruins are fascinating, not much is left, but still pretty awesome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb