Blue goes on forever, in every compass point


Advertisement
Published: June 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post



Some freak gravitational effect caused the water from the Sea of Tranquility to flow through space and finally rest in Lake Titicaca, into whose tranquil mirror one can stare and see the source of its lunar waters.

A night on the Island del Sol was enough to have myself totally addicted. Not a breath dared disturb the calm waters, giving us a near perfect reflection of the surrounding white peaks silhouted against the bluest of blue skies. The Island itself defines karma, except for the bustle and agressive businessmanship of the ferry men and children offering accomodation. WHEN I return I will have to take a boat out for a few weeks and just cruise (very slowly without wind) around the various Islands, not to mention the floating reed Islands that I didn't even visit.

Made many walks around the Islands, hired a canoe for a couple of beautiful hours, ate more trout than are normally fished in a day and saw an awesome nights sky under a smiling moon (news to me, but the new moon in the southeren hemishpere makes a crescent smile).

It is clear why the Incas sited this as the birth place of thier gods.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb