Cusco-Puno-Copacobana-La Paz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
January 19th 2017
Published: January 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

So we packed up our bags again and headed by bus to Puno. A small town on the edge of lake titikaka and close to the boarder of Bolivia!
We checked into our hostal and thought we would have a quick shower and change before heading out for some dinner. I quickly popped down stairs for some towels and to borrow the hairdryer! Guess what.......... I blew up another hairdryer!!! I seriously think I'm jinxed!!!
The next day we were up early to potter around Puno and do some souvenir shopping. Due to the amount of alpaca produce we brought we thought it would be a good idea to send some of it home! WRONG! Bad idea- we stood in line for over an hour with this box of stuff to send, everyone pushed in front of us, when we finally got to the counter we had to fill out form after form, provide a copy of my passport and I had to give like 6 finger prints ( no i do not have 6 fingers, I had to provide 6 copies of 1 finger) this must be how prisoners feel when they get caught!! After such a traumatic experience we headed to bed.
Early start again to catch the Bolivia hop bus to get us from Puno to la Paz. What can I say, lake titikaka is amazing! Huge, beautiful and just amazing. We stopped off at Copacobana (In Bolivia) and went on a lovely boat ride to the Isla del sol to have a closer look! We declined the hike and opted for beer instead, still traumatised from Machu Picchu! As we sat in the sunshine we took in the views of the snow capped mountains on one side and a storm rolling in on the other! We got back on the coach after heading for La Paz.
Instead of being sensible and going to bed when we arrived we decided to hit the bar!!
Honestly we are suffering today!!!! Who would have thought 4 gin and tonics could cause such a mess! We have however ventured out into la Paz and done some sight seeing! Most notable the witches market! Dead baby lamas everywhere! Apparently a good lunch charm to hang up in the home! Not sure
Mum or customs would approve!!!! Alongside them we're also shelf upon shelf of concoction to cure the widest of spectrums of ailments. We're currently sat in a vintage restaurant having some lunch, trying to work out what to do next. I might treat jo to a bike ride on Death Valley road- she's not convinced by the name.
Well let you know how it goes .....
Love Lauren and Jobxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb