Travel Bloggers Meet, Eat and Tour


Advertisement
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
March 14th 2014
Published: March 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

taracloud and I had agreed to meet at 6:30 to head up to restaurant Gustu for our sumptuous tasting menu dinner. She was going to take a bus in from Copacabana and I would spend a leisurely afternoon in my hotel room working on blogs and organizing pictures. After checking in, I headed up to the small café in my hotel and had the most wonderful club sandwich with fried egg, ham, chicken, bacon an... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

LunchLunch
Lunch

Awesome trout with all the fixings I wanted from a buffet
Trout TartareTrout Tartare
Trout Tartare

Dinner in my hotel for my last night
Roast Chicken with Provencal SauceRoast Chicken with Provencal Sauce
Roast Chicken with Provencal Sauce

Dinner in my hotel for my last night.
Garden in Museo San FrancisoGarden in Museo San Franciso
Garden in Museo San Franciso

Looking up at the Church
Framed MountainsFramed Mountains
Framed Mountains

I loved how the jagged mountains were framed by the buildings
Going DownGoing Down
Going Down

Not a lot of room to spare
Lunch before partingLunch before parting
Lunch before parting

A toast to good friends



16th March 2014

Quinoa.
I suppose with Quinoa, as with most things culinary, it depends on what you do with it. ( Boiled in water as a breakfast porridge is probably not the best way to sample it.)
16th March 2014

I would agree
Quinoa itself is nothing delicious, but when seasoned with a good vinaigrette, cucumbers, tomato, feta, etc., it is amazing. It is also good in soup. For a very VIP dinner I am doing, I am deep frying it to put on top of a salad with goat cheese, roasted red onions and avocado dressing. I have a feeling you might enjoy that. And thank you you for the nice comments.
16th March 2014
Tara and Brendan Meet Again

One, two ,three
If I'm not mistaken this is the third time you have met Tara...two separate times in this second trip. I am excited for both of you that you can meet for reunions in such exotic locations...and you Brendan ensure she eats very well when you do so.
16th March 2014
Tara and Brendan Meet Again

One for the money, Two for the show, Three to get ready and Four to Go
That was how my Grandma Vermillion would start us out for races and such. Your comment made me think of it. Yup, you are so right, this is the third time (and city) where Tara and I have met. As much as we enjoy each others company, I think she enjoys throwing caution to the wind and dining out like a Power Traveler. I really hope that you and Denise will have a chance to meet her.
16th March 2014

Photography
I am enjoying your pictures. I like the angles and light in the last ones. I am also a person who takes pictures of food. I look forward to the posts
16th March 2014

Can't wait to see what is next!
Thanks for the trip to Bolivia. Loved it and love you!!! Talk to you soon!!
16th March 2014

Great pictures
I love to look over your pictures....give me the sense that I am traveling with you. If being a Chef doesn't work out....LOL....you can always be a travel agent with your worldly experiences! Thanks for sharing your photos and travel stories.
16th March 2014

Travel Bloggers Meet, Eat and Tour
I have just started to follow your adventures. As I read I pictured that little boy in elem. school as I have not seen you in years. I love the pictures and your description of the foods. You've come a long way from the meat and potatoes of Ohio. What an amazing time you are having!
16th March 2014

Thanks for previewing the menus for us...
a recommendation from the chef is invaluable. We will have to take Tara to Gustu's! Given the traffic I hope it's not far.
17th March 2014

Traffic or no traffic, I would do
Thanks for the comment. I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. While I was sitting in my lobby waiting for a taxi I overheard someone going on and on about the same place. You are going to have such a great trip. I can't wait to read about your adventures.
16th March 2014
Clouds

Mutual expansion!
Fab photos and excellent descriptions of our adventures! Thanks to you, I ate better than I have in my 3.5 years of travel--you were an inspiration! And I got you into a museum without you dying--good to have friends to open us up to new experiences. So maybe you should come to Ecuador or Colombia where I might be next year. An annual meet-up?
17th March 2014
Clouds

I even went to a museum here!
You were a good influence on me Tara. I went into a museum here in Santiago all by myself. I am glad you had a nice time and treated yourself. Next year could be a possibility. I like the idea of the annual meet up.
17th March 2014

Food, glorious food
That looks just fabulous! And I love the photos of Tara and you too... what an amazing time you've had :)
17th March 2014

It has been amazing
Thank you for your nice comment. Everything was a fabulous as it looked and spending several days with Tara was an added bonus. We are thinking of making this an annual event. Keep enjoying your travels in Malaysia.
9th May 2014

What else could you ask for?
Great company, trying new food, exploring new places - sounds like a pretty good time to me. And wonderful you and Tara are able to catch up in all these different locations :-)
10th May 2014

This is what it is all about
Meeting a friend like Tara while traveling is such an added bonus. I love traveling alone; however, meeting a friend to talk with, eat with and just be with is amazing. I am so fortunate.
15th July 2014

Travel bloggers
I like reading this blog. Thanks a lot for sharing the blog.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 17; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb