The Sessions pt 1


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
September 22nd 2009
Published: November 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our bus ride from Potosi to La Paz should have been one of the nicest ones we had so far. We had booked a full Cama bus which declines way more than usual and even for me at 192cm (6´2") there was loads of leg room but it wasn´t to be. We got stuck in between a group of Bolivian drunks. This group smelt like they slept on the street and nearly made me sick and that really isn´t easy!!
The guy behind me kept thinking I was his mate and patting my head I was nearly shouting at the bloke and was about to hit him. When he finally decided to go to sleep he coughed his lungs up for 20 minutes and started spitting on the floor seat and on me at one stage...! Thank god he fell in to a comatose sleep. Ah well I guess we´ll have to wait till Argintina for a nice bus ride.

We went and checked in to the Wild Rover Hostel on a recomendation as it happened it was Sunday and the English fottie was on, Man Utd v Man City at 3pm local time so it was straight to the bar. The champs won 4 -3 in a pretty good game and a night of Mayhem ensued. There was a new manager at the hostel, I dont know if that had anything to do with it but after a game of killer pool free shots there were 15 - 20 people dancing on the bar. And the bar isn´t that big so it meant gettign a drink was pretty diffucult...
I was going to get my camera at one stage but for some reason didn´t, I wish I had now. I should be able to dig up a few photos from our first few nights there so you can get an idea of what it was like. The place really went off that night and after staying there for over 2 weeks I think that was definitly in the top 3 best nights.

The Wild Rover is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in and the atmosphere there is just top notch. On our second day I went out to look around town and to buy a new backpack. Then basically as soon as we got back to the hostel we were in the bar socialising again. There is a real LSB feel to the place. LSB alwalys has been and still is my favotite hostel but this place is proably joint 1st at this stage.

Needless to say after 2 very late nights I was very very hungover the third day and decided to take a day off to recover before I got some more excercise and an all new experience.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb