Machu Pichu... Bolivia...Bits and the Amazon...


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
March 21st 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

hi guys...sitting here on the edge of the amazon just about to do a three or four day trek into it...Its pretty amazing but had a hairy 18 hour bus journey overnight to get here...its not too bad at night as you cant see anything outside but when you in cloud cover during the day and you know you're driving on the side of a very steep cliff its a bit hair raising... However it wasnt nearly as bad as the death road (yes thats its name) that we did on a mountain bike...You pay for the privelege of mountain biking down a gravel road thats not very wide on the side of a mountain...Sound like fun.. It was pretty much a lot of fun and didnt fall off this time...Have seen some amazing scenery and done some really cool stuff over the last couple of weeks... did a four day trek to Machu Pichu which was great but nearly killed me....The first day we mountain biked down a mountain again... the second we trekked through the jungle...the third involved walking by a river and taking a very dodgy contraption over it (the pictures will explain more once I upload them but it was a bucket pretty much)...The last morning had four hours sleep, woke at four and had to climb about 2400 steps nearly vertical to machu pichu...Not nice and thought id die...I was definetely a photo that could have been used by the anti tobacco campaigners...However, Machu Pichu was amazing and well worth it in the end...

Am in Bolivia at the moment and its a pretty amazing place...Spent Paddys Day in an Irish Hostel called the wild rover and it was 95% Irish... Was a pretty mad day...Ended up getting a mohawk for charity...Its gone now so am now a blade zero again....once again there are pictures of the haircut..I might upload them...Cusco was pretty amazing for the Ireland V England match... Lots of singing and did a bit of Irish Dancing on the bar...Also skydived off the bar which was funny... You ask why Im telling you all of this.. Well there are videos of this somewhere so I might as well come clean... 😊

Anyways... About to spend my 30 birthday in the Amazon Rainforest so should be an interesting one... Hope everyones doing good and apologies for not getting in contact with you earlier... If anyone is not on facebook please forward onto them...

P.S. Liverpool and Chelsea fans.... thats just funny...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb