No Show For The Prison,Shopping And Fecking Lan Airlines


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
May 10th 2008
Published: May 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So before leaving La Paz the plan had been to go to the san pedro prison with colin and alan these crazy irish guys or to go with these kiwiw guys i met, neither pair turned up and so i did not end up going, although im not overely bothered to be honest and in the end the money i would have used there i instead used at the witches market and got myself some bits and bobs and some gifts for my girlfriend and family including the cutest alpaca hoddie ever for my soon to be born niece Evie Lynn who is due around the 15th May 2008.

I then chilled out in the hostel bar and met this cool english and irish guy and danish girl and we drank till the bar closed and perhaps not best idea when your flying the next day. I got marcs email address the next morning (marc who i did the salt flats with) and if he is back in Oz when im around he will show me some sights, i got a taxi to the airport and it cost 50 bolivanos and when at the airport i realised it was not a direct flight to Santiago as it said iqruiq aswell as santiago and it turned out no meal on the flight and we stopped at Iqruiq and had to get off and go through security twice and then back on and all i got was a snack and a small coke for 15 hours travelling and so again not very impressed with Lan and i have to fly for about 17 hours with them to Oz....oh nooooo.

I got to Santiago and i did think at the time i should have got my flight to Sydney the same night as it would have just been 4 hours at the airport and then flying to Sydney and as it was i had fun getting my gear on to a bus and then getting the metro and then walking 6 blocks to get to Aleandres place, but i had no way of telliing of the change of plan and we had planned to meet for a while. Ale and her english biyfriend paul were really nice and friendly and so was Ales sister and friends and i had a good meal and i was suppose to go out with them but fell asleep and so today i have been updating my blogs and repacking ready to head to sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb