Project visit


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
December 2nd 2007
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 28th of November I visited my first project in Bolivia. Before I did not have time or did not want to make time. After a day in the mud (as we say) I know I have to make time because visiting the activities gives you so much energy.

We left at 08.00 to visit the high lands. After a drive of 2 hours we arrived at a small village were the project helped the farmers to make better use of the water.

They were growing all kinds of vegetables. There is not a lot of water on the high lands so water is important. The people of the village showed us around and offered us a lunch.

The lunch was 15 different kind of potatoes and a bit of salad. For a Dutch not a problem at all. We like potatoes. After that we went to farmers which were keeping cows. The input of the project was to built stables. Or to tell the farmers to built stables. In Bolivia cows are summer, winter, day and night outside. Our Frisian cows do not like that to much. Especially because it is going under zero during night. If you put cows in a stable they give a lot more milk and that means more income. You see you also learn something. After the farmers we went to a fabric who was processing wool of Alpaca’s.

The wool they used for knitting all kind of things. The only thing was they were looking for an export market. So if somebody of you wants to start a shop in sweaters. I know were to buy the sweaters.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb