South America


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
August 13th 2007
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well folks, we´ve been down in this part of the world for about a month now and as you can tell, we´re not very good at updating the website.

During the last month, we have been to the Galapagos Islands which are just incredible, been to Quito in Ecuador, the cloud forest and a market called Otovalo.

We then came down to Peru and straight to Cusco. We spent a couple of days hanging around and it was Laurence´s birthday! We went to Moras and Moray, amazing inca terraces which are still largely intact and then descended into the 5 days of hell otherwise known as the Salkantay trek, ending in Macchu Picchu.

A couple of days ago, we headed down to Copacobana in Bolivia on the edge of Lake Titicaca and are now in La Paz, trying to sort out our trip down to Uyuni to see the salt plains.

As you can tell, things are pretty hectic over here as we are keeping up a really fast pace until we get down to Buenos Aires in about a week or so for a break! This travelling thing really isn´t a holiday but there´s so much to see and do, we feel like we are barely touching the surface.

We promise that we´ll try and upload some photos and sorry for the lack of keeping in touch but its really hard at the moment trying to find the time. We are having the time of our lives in between being tired, cold and dirty (and experiencing the interesting wiring of south american showers...). We are proper backpackers now, shunning the tourist buses for the USD 2 bus ride for 10 hours.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb