La Paz....How High????


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
July 5th 2007
Published: July 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Soooo been in La Paz (bolivia´s capital and also highest capital city in the world at a measly 3600m) Have been here a few days again with the ozzies and an english couple we picked up on the boarder. Have done the death road (which i have to day is actually just a name, especially since they´ve built a nice new paved road that isn´t nearly as dangerous. Was such good fun!!! Spent 40mins tearing down tarmac as fast as we could go then hit the dirt track, which was great. Dont see much traffic along this one anymore ( only one minibus and the support vehicles of the bike companies). Did that and then stayed in the town at the end to catch a bus to the jungle. However next day came with a few complications (spent 4 1/2 hours on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere only for our bus to tell us that they didn´t have any seats, and we couldn´t really be arsed to stand up for the 15hour journey to rurrenabaque so we hitched a lift back with our bike company (B-side if you´re asking and i´d reccomend them to anyone!!).


So as it turns out we ended up staying a couple of nites extra in la paz and flying out to the rurrenabaque (only an hour). Bit of an issue on the way to the airport with the taxi driver going aver a speed bump at about 40mph causing us to both bounce off the cieling!!! Aimee came off worse with a bit of a sore neck for a day or so after.

Jungle was really good after about 3 hours on a jeep we go into a little motor canoe and spent about 3 hours spotting tonnes of aligators, capybarahs, monkeys and birds not to mention the uber rare pink river dolphins. Next day went out looking for anacondas in the pampas and then did a bit of pyrhana fishing!!! great fun. Ate them for dinner.

Next moring headed out for a bit of swimming with the river dolphins (not as sociable as the normal kind) but stil touched them a few times, and just hoped the the dolphins would keep away the the aligators, but hey whats life without a bit of danger!!!. headed backto La Paz and here i am!!!!!

Just hopefully heading off to cuzco to do our machu picchu hike in the next few days and then back to bolivia to do the silver mines and the salt flats!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb