Night At The Clinic


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
January 16th 2007
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we spent the night at a clinic in La Paz.
Chloe is all hooked up to a drip, she has a really bad UTI, and is on pain killers and everything.
luckily we found an english speaking doctor in our guide book and called him to our hotel yesterday when chloe was crying from a pain in her lower right abdomen and back. at 11 pm he decided to rush her off to the clinic. it was a nice night because the hospital is much nicer than our room at the hostal, it has a bathroom and a small tv with a couple blurry channels and an old turn style phone. chloes bed even cranks up and down!!! oh Bolivia, how you have caused us problems.
Soon they will have the results from the urine culture and can put her on a suitable antibiotic.
its quite something to go to a clinic in one of the poorest countries in the americas. especially when you dont speak spanish. thank god for this doctor and his english. he has the patch adams thing going on, and is always joking and singing in french and everything.
ahh
and hopefully we can get insurance to pay us back.
anyways, this is the way its been going. the Cochabamba thing is not working because of the riots and the deadly aggresion concerning race over there, and the animal reserve is impossible to reach. we´ve decided to leave 10 days early, on the 5th, and head up to costa rica to hang out with Henrey Malika Natalie Sharp!! and Christoph for 10 days.
but everything is ok, we are working it all out.
send some better luck our way
Antone.

Advertisement



16th January 2007

that sucks....
why's the Animal reserve impossible to reach?
17th January 2007

Not midnight at the Oasis?
Sounds rather like a chapter from a Richard Brautigan novel.

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb