Cable car La Pas


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
April 25th 2021
Published: May 15th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Prepare to be amazed if you take Reman’s tour on the cable car ride over La Paz.
http://www.heygo.com

With 10 lines: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Orange, White, Sky Blue, Purple, Brown, and Silver - We took 3 journeys on the Red, Silver & Purple lines. The views were stunning at the highest altitude of 3,600 meters above sea level.

The average speed of the gondolas is 11mph. What a wonderful experience to be able to take this tour.

Rising more than 300 metres from La Paz – the world’s highest altitude administrative capital at almost 3,700m – up to the predominantly Aymara communities of El Alto on the plateau, the Mi Teleférico (My Cable Car) system links neighbouring cities that were long seen as social worlds apart.

For decades the main route between the two was a highway that steadily became more congested, polluted and noisy. Now, however, there are three teleférico lines – each named after a colour of the national flag: red, yellow and green – that carry commuters serenely above the traffic in half or a third of the time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 31; qc: 31; dbt: 0.1442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb