Copacabana and Isla del Sol


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Isla del Sol
February 8th 2010
Published: February 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

From La Paz, Paul and I went to Copacabana for a night to visit Isla del Sol. We walked the whole island in a day; it was beautiful... full of Inca ruins and surrounded in waters of every shade of blue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sacred RockSacred Rock
Sacred Rock

The ¨Sacred Rock¨ sits in the backyard of a woman´s house. Her gardens were beautiful, overlooking Lake Titicaca.
Bien Contenta!Bien Contenta!
Bien Contenta!

I just like how big my smile is in this one... describes the day!
El LagoEl Lago
El Lago

Paul and I decided to get artsy... found a cool color setting on my camera...
Isla del SolIsla del Sol
Isla del Sol

On´a walk about...
StripesStripes
Stripes

Paul, Lake Titicaca and I :)
StorybookStorybook
Storybook

Everywhere you look in Peru and Bolivia, the majority of women are dressed in traditional wear. An ankle-length skirt, about 5 shawls, top hat with two braids hanging down to their waist, and a bag strapped to their back that is holding a baby or anything that they can sell.
Inca RuinsInca Ruins
Inca Ruins

Visiting ruins on the north side of the island.
Cambio de Dinero!!Cambio de Dinero!!
Cambio de Dinero!!

Well, they say that you are only going to pay for the tour... then you get to the island and about every 10 steps you have to pay 10 more bolivianos to continue on the trail (which you have to do in order to get back to your boat!). Paul and I were totally out of money, and the bank was closed (actually it´s only open for about 3 hours each day!!). Finally, we found chilean pesos on us and traded them for pesos bolivianos with this chilean guy we met on the trail.
Boat RideBoat Ride
Boat Ride

Boat ride back to Copacabana, (again playing with the color application on my camera!).
The IslandThe Island
The Island

Part of the island look green and lush like this, and the other side reminded me of a walk through southern california, full of eucalyptus and way more dry.
Me quemó!Me quemó!
Me quemó!

hay sol por isla del sol...


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb